Intercostal neuralgia is a rare pain condition involving the intercostal nerves that supply the muscles between the ribs. In patients with intercostal neuralgia, bands of pain around the rib cage are experienced. The pain is usually intermittent and spasmodic. Intensity can vary, depending on a number of factors.
Patients can develop intercostal neuralgia in the wake of an injury that damages the nerves or as a result of a degenerative disease that pinches or otherwise damages the nerves. Typically, people experience pain while breathing, coughing, and laughing. They may also experience pain during exertion. Intercostal neuralgia can manifest as tingling, numbness, itchiness, or pain and sometimes all of these sensations are experienced at various times. In some cases, the pain is searing and is sometimes described as being like a lightning bolt."
Main Functions of Ares Kinesiology Tape
- May relieve pain and muscle fatigue
- May improve
circulation and lymphatic flow via superficial activation while reducing
- May correct muscle function through reduction of muscle tension and strengthening of the weakened muscle
- May correct misalignment of joints
- May work with the body to allow and increase normal range of motion
- May normalize length/tension ratios to create optimal force
- May assist and improve tissue recovery
- May decrease inflammation and pressure on mechanical recept