Rheumatism of Wrist
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a systemic disease that attacks multiple joints throughout the body. About 90% of the people with rheumatoid arthritis eventually develop symptoms related to the foot or ankle. Usually, symptoms appear in the toes and forefeet first, then in the hind feet or the back of the feet, and finally in the ankles.
The exact cause of RA is unknown, but there are several theories. Some people may be more likely to develop RA because of their genes. However, it usually takes a chemical or environmental "trigger" to activate the disease. In RA, the body's immune system turns against itself. Instead of protecting the joints, the body produces substances that attack and inflame the joints.
Because RA affects your entire system, you may also feel feverish, tire easily, and lose your appetite. You may develop lumps around your joints, particularly by the elbow.
Exercise is very important in the treatment of RA. Your doctor or physical therapist may recommend stretching as well as functional and range of motion exercises.
Main Functions of Ares Kinesiology Tape
- May relieve pain and muscle fatigue
- May improve
circulation and lymphatic flow via superficial activation while reducing
- May correct muscle function through reduction of muscle tension and strengthening of the weakened muscle
- May correct misalignment of joints
- May work with the body to allow and increase normal range of motion
- May normalize length/tension ratios to create optimal force
- May assist and improve tissue recovery
- May decrease inflammation and pressure on mechanical recept